Thursday, August 25, 2016

Retrospective

"I'm running kind of a greatest hits tape in my head of our whole thing." She told KSL.

"Oh yeah?  How goes the highlight reel?" KSL responded.

"Good.  I find it helps me mentally close the chapter on that stuff."

"Who, or what, is included in this 'Now That's What I Call Memories' collection?"


"Us, naturally.  Closing the chapter on the tumultuous sex part.  What was your favorite part?  Besides the blowjobs, obviously."

"It was nice being close."

"Like physically?"

"Everything.  To feel needed."

"What was the worst part?"

"Always feeling like I was somehow disappointing you/letting you down/emotionally damaging you."

"Always?"

"As a byproduct of my afflictions, yeah, kinda."

"Even with how much I opened up to you, I was/still am more hesitant to show that with anyone because that means I'll just get more hurt. Compliments given and not returned are like sandpaper to the psyche. And I always had a feeling you weren't going to ever feel the same way about me. I didn't realize I was contributing to it."

He gave her a thumbs up, as if to say everything was okay.


"Well, I appreciate you finally admitting that you didn't feel anything for me so I can move on, so I'm not stuck in-between." 

He didn't answer.