Friday, June 10, 2016

Spiraling

"It was a bad day.  There isn't enough alcohol in my house to get me through tonight."

"What happened?"

Work was bad.  Not "gonna get fired" bad, but she was basically in trouble for caring too much.  She did care too much...about everything.  No one ever appreciated how much she took on for everyone around her.

"...and now I wish I had four Vicodin."

"No you don't"

"At this point, yeah I do."

"Four would kill you."

"Nah, I don't have that kind of luck."

KSL has sent an emoji:









"What? I don't."


"If I didn't have rehearsal and a movie later I'd come and commiserate." 

"It's cool, I can be destructive by myself.  That's why they call it self-destructive."

"I'm sorry."

"Thanks.  I'm turning off my phone now."

She got home and had two mixed drinks and 3 shots of vodka.  It was around 5:30 that she drunkenly crawled into bed, setting an alarm for two hours.  She slept through the alarm and woke at midnight.  She turned her phone back on, and there was one text from him.  "I just checked my funds and I don't think I can make the Ikea trip this weekend."

She texted back "okay" and set her phone down.  When she came back to it he was making excuses and saying he'd like to go another time.  Then he asked "You alright?"

"No"

"Do I need to come over?"

"Need? No."

"Would you like me to?"

"I'm ambivalent."

"I'm downtown"

"Whatever you want."

 There was a knock at the door seconds later, he must have been in the lobby when he texted he was downtown.  He took one foot inside and enveloped her in a hug.  He took her by the hand and led her back into the studio, took off his shoes, and listened as she complained.  Despite her protests, he cradled her on the couch like a newborn, and she reluctantly put her head on his shoulder and talked it all out.  She had burned out 30% of her emotions out with her vodka nap, and about 20% having him there to hold her and listen.  She tried to remember his love language was physical touch, so he was helping her the best way he knew how.  She wished that he would remember one of hers was words of affirmation, but he wasn't her boyfriend.  It's all she really could expect from him.

Once she had gotten all her emotions out, the conversation turned.  They agreed to their rules: always use protection, all bets were off if they slept with another person, after a year they would go public and start to date if they were still doing their thing, until then; discretion.

And since they didn't have a condom between the two of them, they stayed up until 4AM doing everything but.  Since she hadn't orgasmed during their last encounter, he made it his mission to give her multiples that night.  She made sure that he got one of his own too.  She wasn't a monster.

Not a terrible way to end a terrible day.