Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Deny Deny Deny

 She told her husband the bad news in the car.  She expected him to be more angry, or upset, but he was more calm than she was about it.  "I'm just upset with how much trust you just lost in your best friend.  You can't get that back.  I knew word was going to get out eventually, I expected that.  This is worse for you."

She started to tear up, and he reached over and took her hand.  She left her hand in his for a little while, feeling the weight of it.  On the surface it was the same way that KSL had held her hand on her birthday, but below the touch it was so much different.  It felt both comfortable and awkward.  A friendly hand hold.  Though it had only been a week, she missed their friendship, but not their relationship.

***

"So, your little friend asked me if I was going to be changing my name after my divorce was finalized." She said later to BFF.

"WHAT?!?!  I'm texting her right now.  I'm so embarrassed and mad."

"Did you say something to her?"

BFF couldn't remember.  But if she had, she made sure to tell her it was under wraps.  She seemed to have no problem only admitting to that, but not seeing a problem with it.  She could feel the end approaching for her friend if she didn't stop trusting all the wrong people.  To her credit, BFF felt terrible about it, but she felt it was too little, too late.  After all that, BFF still wanted her and her little friend to be friends.  She didn't see that it would never happen.

Although she said she wasn't going to, BFF ended up texting her mouthy-ass friend through a majority of the wine walk.  It was disappointing to say the least. There was no way that their friendship would ever be the same after this.