Thursday, September 15, 2016

Making Time

"Is 9:30 too late to come over?"

Piz was getting out of his class late.  He had all night classes for his masters in finance, and it was a really intense program.  Because she worked a normal 9-5, their schedule during the week was slightly problematic.

"Sure, I'll just grab a quick nap now."

She set her alarm for 10 minutes before his arrival, and fell asleep in her "at home" shirt and no pants.  She awoke to her phone ringing; it was Piz.

"Hey...my alarm must've been set for AM instead of PM for some stupid reason...are you here?"

"Yeah, I'm downstairs...the doorman wants to talk to you."  Piz handed the phone off to the doorman, who checked to make sure that Piz was expected.  She laughed, thanked him for his concern, and told him it was okay to send him up.

She scrambled to find some pants, and failed because less than a minute later she heard his knock on the door.  She was about to apologize for her being half-dressed, when she saw his face.

"You shaved!"  She put both her hands on either side his face.  "I did it for you...since you got beard rash last time.  I wanted you to be comfortable."  He stared into her eyes and swooped down for a kiss.  She swooned a little.

Before long his hands were everywhere again, but each touch was calculated and loving.  They moved from the couch to the bed quickly.  He tried for her underwear again, and she told him she was starting to read his eyes a little more, and she saw the mischief in them now.  His smile became wider, and she suddenly thought of the adorable child he used to be.

He finally gave up and laid next to her, looking into her eyes and stroking her hair.

"I feel like we are teenagers.  Like, I'm never going to get tired of kissing you.  I feel like I can't hold you tight enough."

She smiled at this and responded "I was just thinking the same thing."

They talked about their weekend plans, and she said that she had a little wrench to throw into the mix.  She wanted to go to her favorite community event, but it involved getting up at 4:00 AM.  She really wanted him to come with her.

"You know, I've lived here 3 years and I've never actually been.  I'd really like to go."  She smiled, admiring how easy it was, and for a moment thought about how hard it was to get her ex to go, and even when it came down to it, he said to go on without him, and she ended up going with her sister.

As she was thinking of this, Piz said "This is so awesome.  My ex, she would sleep all the time.  On the weekends she would sleep until like 4 PM, and I never really got to do anything.  I didn't get to go out and enjoy these kinds of events."

They smiled at each other, discovering they were getting exactly what they wanted.