Friday, September 16, 2016

Damaged

"I think KSL really fucked me up."  She told SD one night.

"How so? I mean, I don't doubt it, but you'll need to narrow it down for me.  Did I tell you he's on my team at work now?"

"No!  How is that?  He's loud huh?" She asked SD.

"Yes.  Plus, I just don't want to talk to him."

"Why, because of me?  Should I not have told you about us?  Did I make it weird for you guys?"  She bit her lip out of concern.

"No, he does this to everyone...but I'm especially mad that he did that to you.  I mean, you are the smartest one, but I'm still mad at him for it."

She felt bad she had potentially ruined a friendship over her big mouth and loose morals.  SD assured her that she would hate him anyway, so she proceeded with her story.

"I'm just so afraid to let this guy in.  I feel like as soon as we have sex he's going to freak out about his ex like KSL did, or say that it's not that serious for him.  I don't know, I'm just afraid of getting hurt again.  I mean, KSL didn't break my heart or anything...but I think he fucked me up a little bit.  I'm having trust issues.  Even though this guy is so straightforward and honest...I just like him too much already.  KSL hurt my feelings, but Piz could break my heart."

"He's different.  You know he's different.  He really likes you, you can just tell.  You don't need to be worried.  In the meantime, have fun making out with him and leaving it at that.  He'll come around soon enough.  You at least know he likes you more than KSL did.  He didn't even take you out on dates."

It was really nice being able to be excited about him to everyone.  It was already so different, so much what she deserved.

She might be a little damaged, but she wasn't going to let that stop her from finding happiness in however the situation played out.