Monday, November 14, 2016

Getting Back on Track Part 3

"...so I end up going to an AMC to see Jurassic Park 3 after my grandfather's funeral.  Two disappointments in one day."  He finished his story.

"Gosh I hate funerals.  I always get this feeling that like, anything I do afterwards is being disrespectful.  Movies, Retirement parties..."

"Sex?"  She didn't need to look over to see one of his sideways glances with a grin.

"Actually, I think that's a normal thing to do.  I know it wasn't really the right thing for us to do but...it felt right, you know?  I felt better."  She strangely didn't feel vunerable admitting it.  She took what she wanted.  She knew he had needed it too.

He didn't hesitate to admit it.  In fact, he sung her praises a bit, telling her that he was a willing partner, and it had been super hot.  They laughed over him still going after he had finished, because he felt the need to compete with Piz, the marathon man.

"So....and I don't want you to take offense to this, and don't think I'm blaming you or that I didn't want it or anything.  But...I don't think I was sober enough to consent to all that."

He was taken aback, and said "But...you...I mean, you were game.  You were the one pushing it."

"I was making out with you yes, but I wasn't taking my own clothes off.  You were the one making all the rules about taking your jacket off, and I took it off after your time was up.  I'm not claiming that I was innocent in all this at all, but honestly...I was too drunk to actually say yes to actual sex.  It was hot and I don't regret a second of it, but I never actually said let's have sex."

She let the silence sit for awhile, and she could feel that he did understand what she was trying to say.  She glanced over and he gave a small nod.  She lightened the mood.

"Speaking of our hot sex, what are you doing to me?  Like, are you biting my arm?  Because it looks like bite marks.  You are like a super sexy wild animal."

He laughed and said he really didn't think that he was biting that hard, but he was biting.  They laughed and talked more about how crazy sexy that night had been, but with an ease that had never been there before.  Maybe it was her testosterone, but she felt way more in control and over any romantic feelings she had for him.

"I know I said this during, when I was super drunk, but I do miss this.  I miss our friendship a lot.  It was a good day."

"It really was.  I had a lot of fun today.  I missed it too."

When they got back to his house they watched some SNL instead of the movie, and near the end his roommate came back home.  She did her best to ignore them as she stomped past into her room.  She looked over at him and smiled, but he wasn't amused.  He went into his room and got ready for his callbacks early.  She told him that she would drive him downtown, and he gave her the mac n cheese he had made.  She thanked him, thrilled that she didn't have to go grocery shopping for crappy food.

She dropped him at the bank downtown, he said he would walk to rehearsals from there.  He thanked her for the day out, and she thanked him for the food and the company.  She saw out of the corner of her eye his arm reach out, and she instinctively looked around for what he was grabbing for.  A split second later she realized that he was going in for a hug.  They did the awkard car side hug, and he hopped. out.

As she ate the mac n cheese later, she texted him that it came out great and was really tasty.  She thanked him again for the friend day.  He texted back welcome, and then said that the roommate was already eating the TimTams.  "Blaming it on her period, haha" he said.

She smirked and had a second helping of mac n cheese.