Monday, August 21, 2017

Dating Trickery

"I always have a fun time when you are around!"

Mel had worn her down with his boyish charm and she agreed to go see a movie with him.  Friendly, innocent...seemed okay.

"Do you want to grab some food before the movie?"

Well, she was going to be hungry after work.  She could eat.

Then he suggested sushi.  "Crap," she thought.  It was a date.

"I can't really afford sushi.  I can do tacos or pizza."

"It's all my treat!  I'm down for sushi if you are.  I'll just take it easy with my mouth, I was at the dentist this morning."

"You don't need to do that." She said.  He persisted.

She didn't mean to...but she was going on a date.

They missed the movie while eating sushi and talking.  They walked down the street to a late night coffee house and continue to talk.  He was so earnest and shy, and more introverted than she expected him to be.  Her heart softened towards him, as it had a couple of years ago when she held him while he cried about his ex-girlfriend coming to their show.

He walked her home, back to the alley that she jokingly referred to as "the scene of the crime."

His 6'2" stance widened as they talked at her door.

"Well," He said, "Since you didn't want this to be a date, I won't kiss you goodnight."

Her eyebrow raised and her voice laughed as she said "Really?  Really?"

"Well...okay then." He grabbed her and the kiss was electric.  Just like the first time.

"Do it again soon?" He asked.

"Yes please" she replied.