Friday, July 8, 2016

Postponement

"I'm having a helluva day, could we move coffee to tomorrow?"

Her mind spun as she thought of her super hectic schedule, moved things around in her head, and replied "Ummmmm I think so.  I'm pretty sure I have the same schedule going tomorrow."

His response: "Thanks-my brother pulled some shit and I'm trying not to be worried."

"What better distraction than coffee with a cute girl?" She thought to herself.  Outwardly she was supportive, and he confided to her that his brother was basically a late 90's soap opera and had run away from rehab.  It was a mess, and he needed to take time after work to call the police stations and hospitals in a town 8 hours away.

"Are you sure you don't want to put off coffee indefinitely?" She asked, feeling like this was all a ploy to never meet up with her.

"Not a chance, just need a day that's slightly calmer."

Well, okay then.  She guessed tomorrow would be the day then.