Friday, December 2, 2016

The Wasted Afternoon

Her vacation was leaving her with too much free time.  She had stayed in bed until noon, and then went out to pick up KSL for a movie.  They looked up movie times as they drove, then realized that all the theaters would be full up because of the holiday.

They considered driving to the capitol for their new signature coffee drink, but a phone call proved they were closed.

"I know it's not your thing, but I did get a Starbucks gift card for my birthday.  We could tie one on there!"  She smirked, and they decided to hit up one inside a book store so she could look for some stationary.  She wanted to write letters to all the people who had helped her this year.  She thought of it a few days before Thanksgiving, but it was too late to execute it before then.

Clearly cute stationery was out.  She couldn't find a thing.  They picked up some cold brewed coffee from the Starbucks and walked down to the pet store so he could fawn over the "snake cats" as he called them.  They walked through the store as he turned into a little boy, getting excited about every fish and parrot.  She laughed at his uncharacteristic positive outlook while inside a pet store.

They drove out to see if a stationery store she thought was on the outskirts of town was open.  No dice.  After another adventure out in grocery shopping, she dropped him back off at his house.

"This was a good afternoon, right?  I mean, we got some Black Friday shopping in, drove around for awhile, got to see some cute animals.  It was good!"  KSL exclaimed.

"You don't have to sell the day to me buddy." She said, surprised at his sudden need to win her approval.

"You just seemed disappointed that we weren't going to see a movie." He said.

"I was just wracking my brain trying to think of cheap things we could do, I wasn't disappointed." She said.

"But it was good though, wasn't it?  It was a solid afternoon.  We had some laughs!"

She couldn't for the life of her figure out why he was suddenly being like this.  "I never said I had a bad time buddy.  It was good, a good afternoon.  I'm not regretting any of our choices today, okay?"

"Okay, okay, I was just worried."  He exclaimed before getting out of the car.

"Just coming home from spending the afternoon with KSL." she texted Dawn, "There is this weird powerflip happening now, he's like dying for my approval.  Wanting me to tell him I had a good time today.  It's so odd."

She responded "That's what withholding sex will do to a man.  Classic."