Friday, February 26, 2016

Father Figures

"I've been thinking.  And please don't get mad....I've been wondering what is missing for you that you believe only Favorite Mistake can fill."

"I'm not mad, it's a totally valid question that I've been asking myself. Honestly, since it has been a long time, it might just be nostalgia, it might be my situation. Right now I feel like there is no one in my corner, and he always was.  With the added "broke his heart" thing, I really just want to ask him what the hell he was thinking for the last 20 years, even though if I could talk to him I wouldn't be able to mention it. 

But I honestly have come as close as I can get to closure at this point. I was thinking about all the people I have now, and It's almost selfish to want just one more, you know?

Even if there is a history attached.   
The only thing is he was all those friends in one. Maybe I'm weird, but you know how you go to different friends to get different things?  He was all of them."

Together they had asked another old friend for a phone number and gotten it.  Apparently he only answered it sometimes, but she shot off a quick text anyway.

Turns out, according to the friend, Favorite Mistake was about to be a dad.