Monday, February 26, 2018

Valentine's Day

Both she and Mel had to work late on Valentine's day, and he accidentally made reservations for a time when they both were not going to be off work yet. 

As a last minute surprise he got a room at the hotel they had spent time in before, and brought her a large bouquet of white roses.  "I know you kinda think Valentine's Day is stupid, and that you think stuff is stupid...but this is the one day of the year where I have to do it.  I had to get you these, I wanted to."

She kissed him, and they went downstairs to check out what restaurants were still open.  They watched the Olympics at a fake Mexican Cantina and marveled at all the tequila on the walls.  He was trying to take a break from alcohol and she was drinking water in solidarity.

They went back up to the room and debated going to the closing night of a local bar, but then got involved in a late 90's movie on TV while looking for the Olympics.  It was a long movie, and towards the end they ended up fooling around.  She stopped him as he reached for her underwear, and he continued to protest.  She reminded him that he had a very easy task ahead of him, just a small test before she was going to let him go further.

"I'll go on Tuesday."

He'd said that before, so she didn't really pay it any mind.

On Thursday he sent her a text; "I peed in a cup then got stabbed."

She texted "I'm proud of you."

He responded "Now I'm off to Planned Parenthood."

She laughed out loud, then got a little nervous.