Friday, November 9, 2018

Roomate High

"I wasn't lost in space, I was lost in time.  All the times I'd travel that same path, or a similar one.  I lost touch with time and that's why I needed an anchor."

All she had to say to PJ was this, and he understood, got why she left early when she was high for the first time. Now that she'd gotten high a couple of times by herself she was able to piece it together.

"That's what I love the most about it.  The things that I don't want to do; work, social obligations...they can take as long as they need to.  But being home, being with AB and the dogs...I want that to last longer, which is why I puff.  To make those moments last longer."

She smiled.  "That's what I hate most about it.  I got lost going home, it was all taking too long.  I don't want anything to take that long."

She was finding her way, however.  Sometimes it was the way that it changed everything else that brought the allure of getting high.  One day she went to get the signature drink with KSL and they took it home.  She offered him an edible, and they sat on the couch and watched a movie.  She didn't feel the usual pressure to "enjoy" the movie the way he usually wanted her to, checking on her reactions out of the corner of his eye.  He might have still been doing it, but she no longer cared.  It was easier, nicer to deal with him when they were both high.

There were still certain things that she didn't feel the need to "extend" her time on and didn't end up eating edibles regularly, but they had their place.